Catalina Lakefront Retreat plays an active role in facilitating group events and promoting social inclusion for those with special needs. Disability Life Enrichment has a goal to build a sense of community and well-being for those with special needs.
|The Catalina Lakefront Retreat provides a facility for disability care providers and individuals to enjoy activities, social interaction, respite or education.
Accessible features include
- Plenty of parking, ramp access to the building
- Wheelchair access to all parts of the building
- no steps
- wide hallways with rails
- wide doors
- Accessible rooms with wheelchair-friendly ensuites
- Multiple Accessible bathrooms
- Accessible dining area and outdoor BBQ
- Disability Accessories – lifter (bring own sling), shower chairs, hi-lo beds
The surrounding area will also enhance the experience here at the Centre. There are sporting fields for active kids, or even adults, and flat, paved walkways which meander through parks and by the water. There’s also a jetty where you could drop a line in and try your luck.