Lake Macquarie, Hunter Region
Options for things to do around the Lake, and in the Hunter region are almost endless.
- Adventure – wheels or walking – try Tree-top Crazy Rider at Ourimbah
- Arts and culture – Awaba House, Sunnyside; Dobell House; Booragul
- Museums -Toronto Railway Station or Lost in the 50’s
- Dining – patisseries, bistros, cafes, gourmet kitchens
- Shopping and markets – visit Pokolbin Village, and the Smelly Cheese Shop!
- Cinemas and plazas - try Charlestown and Glendale shopping precincts
- Water sports - the safe waters of the lake are ideal for skiers and boaties
- Fishing – bring your rod and reel to Styles Point reserve jetty
- Nature trails and wildlife viewing – Hunter Botanical or Mt Penang Gardens
- Cycling paths – join the pathway at the back door and take your Frisbee!
- Disc Golf – take a walk through the park and look for the yellow baskets
- Creative playgrounds – science museum in Newcastle, or at Speers Park
- Sports fields – just across the road from the conference centre!
- Golf – clubs at both Toronto and Morisset
- Bowls – try your hand at Rathmines Memorial Bowling Club
- Visit the vineyards, go via Walka Miniature Railway
- Bird-watching –Feed the Pelicans at the Entrance; Hunter Valley Gardens
- Float - hire a kayak at the Old Wyong Milk Factory
- E-FREE weekend – challenge your family to a weekend free of devices
- Sea, sand, surf and sails – try Stockton for sand dunes!